Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ringing Rocks

Often hiking, biking, skiing, climbing and other outdoor adventures can be fatiguing.  I remember reading about a Wilderness Society hike that was 17 miles long.  Since the time hiked ventured out on a 12 mile hike I whined constantly the last three miles, I gave the 17 miler a pass.

If you are not in great shape, consider going to Ringing Rocks.  Off of I 90 westbound after Whitehall and before Butte, take the Pipestone exit and turn right.  There are an abundance of roads in the area for four-wheeling.  Delmoe Lake has a campground for camping.  It doesn't matter if you don't have a four-wheeler and if you don't like to camp because you can drive to the Ringing Rocks in your sedan from the interstate highway.


We found it entertaining to climb the pile of rocks and tap them with a hammer. When you tap most of the rocks with a hammer they musically ring.   A lunch, friends, a hammer, and a good time, what more could you ask?

3 comments:

  1. This is probably one of the coolest places to four wheel in all of MT. I love the ringing rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to get here!!! I need go to some time!

    ReplyDelete