Sunday, September 16, 2012

Smoky Skies

Two out of five weekdays last week were days of smoke filled, dreary, gray skies.  When smoke fills this air I wonder what would be worse - smoking a pack a day or taking a hike.  Cabin fever set in, and Friday my hiking partner and I ventured out into the smoke.  We hiked a loop on the Open Space trails:  McKelvey Trail (Dump Gulch) to Hanging Draw Trail to the Dump Out Trail, up the Prospector Shafts to the Backside Trail to the West End Trail  down to the McKelvey Trail.

Would we avoid the smoke if we picked some trails with higher elevations?  Maybe, maybe not.

Pray for rain!

2 comments:

  1. I think the air is getting better, but i will still pray for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't believe how bad it's been for you all this summer. I will remember to pray for rain for you.

    ReplyDelete