Saturday, March 30, 2013

Show Me the Horse

Wednesday was a beautiful day to be outdoors.  We started early when the trails were still frozen and less muddy.  We hiked along the open space trail called Show Me the Horse Trail.  It may be called Show Me the Horse, but we saw elk sign everywhere.

Good company: one of the best things about hiking

Baby Bitterroots in a meadow higher on the trail

Lower view of the trail

Dogs should not interfere with women applying lipstick

Higher view from trail (peak is Casey Peak)

5 comments:

  1. You got me laughing with this one. Oh the lipstick! How I love you Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like max would like some lipstick! And why were you putting on lipstick while hiking!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't. Gail always does. I think she uses it instead of chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail joked with me once that you never know who you might see. She (laughingly) said that if she were to be injured or need to be hauled out by search and rescue, that she wants to make sure she looks her best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering about the lipstick! The wind is so strong where I live that your lips would be caked with dirt if you wear lipstick outside!

    ReplyDelete