Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bushwhacking

This week Gail took me on hike off trail.  We bushwhacked up the hill near her place south of town.  The uphills weren't too bad.  Trekking poles would have come in handy on the down hills.  We found our first spring flowers, a flag someone had posted, an old mine, and a view.

Douglasia

We hope to live worthy of our blessings, especially liberty.

Old mine.  Where we live, they are usually old gold mines.

Hiking companions
The other hiking companion.

Yarrow braving the elements.

The view.



3 comments:

  1. YAY!! the first flowers! I've been keeping by eye out! That is exactly the kind I remember seeing first at a kid when I would walk of the hill from school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love the view, the hike is almost always worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I do miss the mountains where I'm living now!

    ReplyDelete