Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hauser Lake

The first day above 50 degrees was mid March this year.  The nice weather inspired us to consult Helena Area HIking Guide, by Cedron Jones.  We decided to try out hike No. 6. and hike to the Fins.

Because it was the first balmy Saturday of 2013, everyone and their dog was out fishing and walking. Maybe because I'm a native Montanan, I consider it a crowd if I see more than a couple of people on the trail during a hike.  So many people were out that we could barely find a place to park.  I don't like walking into someone else's spot when he/she is fishing. According to my upbringing, I am intruding if I do that.

One enjoyable aspect of this hike is the birds along the river in this area. We saw numerous waterbirds cavorting in the water.  They were fun to watch.  Next time I'm bringing my binoculars.

Cedron Jone's book was accurate about the trail:  the first part of the hike was across rocks near the river, but the trail became easier when we found the track 20 feet or so above the river.

If I do this hike again, I am picking a week day and bringing my fishing pole.

Cliffs along the Missouri

The Fins

One of numerous fly fisherman on the river that day.

Hauser Dam



No comments:

Post a Comment